Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach cladding to an existing Colourbond fence?

tiarag
Just Starting Out

How to attach cladding to an existing Colourbond fence?

  

26EC2E5E-46FD-49FD-9CA5-1244118E1716.jpeg

BD7B4213-9F2C-455C-B9B3-170078123810.jpegHi there!

here are some pictures of our dreadful pool area and four different fences . I am looking for some advice to do a rendered wall fence around the pool. Wanting a rendered look wall. Though our colourbond neighbours are not wanting there fence disturbed. Wonder if I can get some advice on cladding the Existing colourbond fence and timber fence with some sort of cement cladding.. James Hardie Easylap? Blue board? And how it would be installed if it’s possible? Is this a ridiculous project, any advice would be so greatly appreciated.

tiara.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: attaching cladding to a existing colourbond fence.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @tiarag. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about creating a rendered wall.

In order to follow the James Hardie Easylap installation requirements, it would be quite an involved build. There are no recommendations for simply fixing it onto your existing fences. I'd suggest you'd need to cement 90 x90mm H4 posts into the ground and create a new structure in front of the fence to the requirements. If you weren't going to follow the installation guide, then you could potentially fix into the fences, but then you'll be taking the risk on whether they can hold the additional weight.

@ProjectPete has successfully cladded a number of his Colorbond fences. Check out his fabulous Poolside fence makeover. I understand that he's fixed this timber structure onto the Colorbond fence, and the fence is bearing the weight of the cladding. You might want to check with your neighbours to see how they feel about you attaching the cladding and framework directly to the fence.

Have a read through the installation guide, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Hardilap.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects