Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to control or manage leaves and covering mulches?

Trever
Growing in Experience

How to control or manage leaves and covering mulches?

Bunnings weed 2.jpgBunnings weed.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to control or manage leaves and covering mulches?

Hello @Trever

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about how to manage the leaves and mulch in your garden.

Springtime is the season of renewal and in some species of trees, this means that their leaves dry off and fall. One way to manage the leaves is to keep a Saxon 117L Garden Bag close to the tree. As the leaves fall down the following day you can sweep them towards the tree and place the leaves in the garden bag. I recommend using Diamond Econetting 2.5 x 2.5m x 5mm White Anti Bird Net under the tree as a leaf catcher so that you can direct the leaves towards the trunk of the tree.

Garden mulch serves as a moisture barrier for your soil and prevents it from overdrying. Having natural mulch in your garden is a plus because you don't have to pay for it. If you wish to keep it tidy, I suggest using a cordless blower to remove the dead leaves. Use a 44cm Plastic Leaf Rake to evenly spread out the mulch. If you wish to keep the mulch in a certain area use Cyclone 75mm x 10m Corrugated Garden Edging. This garden edging should stop the mulch from spreading further even if it rains.

If you're looking for ideas and inspiration here is a link to our - Top 10 most popular garden makeovers

Let me tag our experienced members @Adam_W and @Nikkaz for their recommendations.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Trever
Growing in Experience

Re: How to control or manage leaves and covering mulches?

@EricL  Thank you very much for your advice, that means I can use my garden composter so that I can also put the leaves into the composter to turn into the soil too.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects