Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to cover pvc pipe

SuseMck
Cultivating a Following

How to cover pvc pipe

I'm wanting to cover my pvc stormwater connections to protect the pvc (1) from the sun and (2) from physical damage as this is in my driveway. It also needs to look better. 

The house will be repainted in two colorbond colours so I'm thinking of custom colorbond flashing to box it out but does anyone have any other suggestions?

This connection set up was needed for a number of reasons including (1) downpipe was placed down a verandah post (2) to get into existing stormwater under house (3) to dodge the verandah joists. I can't just simply remove the pvc and redirect downpipe straight under the verandah.

20201122_134807_HDR.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to cover pvc pipe

Hi @SuseMck,

You could certainly use Australian Handyman Supplies 1200 x 600mm 0.75 Galvabond Mini Sheet to create your own custom box. A simple way of doing this might be to take Colorbond downpipe and slice it open down the backside. You could then place it over the PVC pipe and secure it in place. Alternatively, you could build a housing out of treated pine if you preferred working with timber.

Let me mention some of our knowledgeable D.I.Y. enthusiasts @JDE, @TedBear and @Stuardo to see if they could think of any other options.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to cover pvc pipe

Are you referring just to the section running along the ground?  If so, another option could be to take it down a little below ground and bury it. You would probably need to bring it back up where it turns under the house in order to align with the drain top. A small amount of water would then sit in that lower section after rain,  but it wouldn't be a problem & would evaporate out.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects