Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix leaning Colorbond fence?

Bandit-DIYDad
Getting Established

How to fix leaning Colorbond fence?

IMG_9760.jpeg

  

I recently got rid of a large hedge in my back yard and discovered that it was covering up my back fence that is leaning. 

What is the best way to fix this?

Appreciate any advice 

IMG_9760.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix leaning Colorbond fence?

Hello @Bandit-DIYDad 

The product your after is called the COLORBOND Steel Fencing Post. Please note that this is a special-order product so it's important to be sure of the quantity that you'll be needing. I suggest visiting your local store and speaking to the team at the special orders desk. They'll be able to give you a quote and the estimated turnaround time of the Colorbond fencing post.    

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DareDevil
Finding My Feet

I discovered why my colorbond fence is leaning.

This is what happens when the neighbour has a lawn hard against the fence. 

The bottom channels were replaced two years ago due to rust. 

FYI the fence was new 12 years ago. 🙄

20231212_143617.jpg

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Howdy @DareDevil 

12 years isnt too bad, not great but isnt too bad. Yeah we all put things up against fences we shouldnt :smile: Even I have lol

Tho Kinda looks like its been stressed then cracked and thats allowed the rust to start? Time to start taking out the panels and replacing the posts maybe? Either that or put in a new post next to the concrete base but that may look a little unsightly. 😕

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @DareDevil 

Thanks for sharing your question regarding your Colorbond fence. I'm in total agreement with @Dave-1 regarding the repair of your fence. It would look better if the existing Colorbond post was replaced with a new one. Putting in a timber post to hold that part of the fence will definitely stand out and ruin the look of your fence.

Here are some handy step-by-step guides:

These guides will give you a general idea of how you can replace the post of your Colorbond fence.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects