Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to improve pool area and add privacy screening?

Crypto_Dad
Just Starting Out

How to improve pool area and add privacy screening?

Hi, and thank you for checking out this post. I recently acquired this property in this state and I'm looking to improve on it by sharing here. Summer is here and this pool area needs some tidying up and privacy. I'm happy to hear some advice also on what to do with those plans and also the tree that's populating the pool with flowers. Thank you all!

321918391_563552968530554_2407539303269306349_n.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to keep this neat and tidy, with a layer of privacy screening?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Crypto_Dad. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about maintaining a pool.

Congratulations on purchasing this property. It sounds like you're looking to improve the pool area. Here are a few suggestions that may be helpful:

• Clean and maintain the pool: Regular pool maintenance is essential to ensure the water is clean, clear, and safe to swim in. This may include cleaning the pool's filters, adding chemicals to maintain the pH balance of the water, and skimming debris from the surface.

• Add privacy: You can add privacy to your pool area in several ways. One option is to plant trees or shrubs around the pool's perimeter to create a natural barrier. You could also consider installing a fence or privacy screen around the pool perimeter.

• Tidy up the area: To make the pool area more inviting and enjoyable, consider tidying up the space by removing debris or clutter and adding comfortable seating and shade structures. It appears as if the pool area is relatively sparse at the moment, so consider what might be added to enrich the area.

• Deal with the tree: If the tree is causing problems by shedding flowers or other debris into the pool, you may consider removing it. However, if the tree is healthy and adds value to your property, you may want to consider pruning it or trimming its branches to minimize the amount of debris it sheds into the pool. You could also consider installing a cover or netting over the pool to catch the debris.

I hope these suggestions are helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Crypto_Dad  and @MitchellMc 

Why dont you go big and bold.

Some Stratco.com.au  structures are very easy on the eye.

Turn the back wall into a wall with water( very large) feature  wall   fountain.

So I am thinking curved roof  with polycarbonate  that block UV rays too

The back and side tree areas  also could have polycarbonate or shade  cloth screens to stop leaves and flowers

Council approval  required by Stratco  can design to the space and help with council approvals.

stratco  structure.stratco structure.

Great suggestions @MitchellMc and @Jewelleryrescue

@Crypto_Dad you can check out this fun Bunnings article 5 steps to create the best pool space which covers all bases and Poolside fence makeover project by @ProjectPete which features in our Top 10 most popular fence projects to give inspiration for your screening. 

Would love to see photos of how you tackle this project! Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Katie

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to improve pool area and add privacy screening?

Hi @Crypto_Dad,

Just thought I'd add my own welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, and reiterate the importance of checking in with the council about your local pool fencing regulations before commencing any work. 

Congratulations on the new house. We are looking forward to seeing how you can transform this wonderful outdoor area.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects