Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to make a wooden pool pump cover

sunflowergirl
Just Starting Out

How to make a wooden pool pump cover

Hi ! My husband and I put a pool in the backyard 7 years ago. We were given such bad advise and our pool pumps are located right by the pool. They have been exposed all this time- and it looks ugly. As a gift to myself for my birthday, I would love to have a wooden slatted cover built to hide them - and maybe make it something practical- like a high bar table?? I have never built anything before (apart from flat pack) and need help and someone to take control!!  Anyone that can help? Even with ideas? I live in Manningham area of Melbourne.

20220212_105922.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to make a wooden pool pump cover

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sunflowergirl. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about creating a pool pump cover.

If you'd like to provide our helpful members with the dimensions of the pool pump, then I'm sure they'll have some fantastic solutions to share. If you include the height, width and length, that would be helpful. If you can also indicate any access points that need to be considered, I can try to work them into the plan. Maybe take several other photos from different angles and draw a quick diagram showing the sizes.

You might like to read through these previous discussions on the topic:

Turning the cover into a practical element sounds like a great idea, and I look forward to seeing what our members can come up with.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects