Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop condensation on patio roof?

condruss
Getting Established

How to stop condensation on patio roof?

Hello. I’m after some advice. I have an outdoor metal patio with single sheet metal roof. We would like to enclose a section with a room and the other area with half colour bond and drop down screens. The problem we have is build up of condensation water droplets on roof underside. How can we stop this happening? What products could we use? The patio size is 10x3.5 on a concrete slab. Thanks Shane

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to stop condensation on patio roof?

Hi @Rohan123 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about what brush to use for Dulux Textured Paint.

The recommended applicator is a UNi-PRO Sheepskin Bag And Render Mitt. To paint or cut in the sides, you can use an ordinary paint brush to apply the textured paint. However, allow me to double check with Dulux if it's possible to use any other applicators. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to stop condensation on patio roof?

Hello @Rohan123 

I've contacted the Dulux technical department regarding the textured paint, and they've informed me that they don't recommend using the textured paint on a flat Colorbond surface. Unfortunately, it is only compatible with rough masonry surfaces such as brick and rendered walls. My apologies if you've already settled on this solution.

I can only recommend the other solutions suggested as the textured paint won't work on a Colorbond surface. 

If I think of other possible solutions for your condensation issue, I'll post it here.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects