Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas for pool area

sgood
Getting Established

Ideas for pool area

I have a large shed that I have cleared out and now only really has the pool pump and filter in it now which only takes up about 1sqm in the corner,  Need some inspiration/ideas of what to do in this space if I remove the shed Ideas so far

- Pergola/Gazebo

- Timber decking

- Water Feature/Waterfall into pool

First image the space now

Area as is nowArea as is now

Ideas with Pergolas

idea 1idea 1

idea 2idea 2

Pergola and Waterfall idea

idea 3idea 3

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ideas for Pool Area

Hi @sgood. That looks like a fantastic project, I'd be happy to join the discussion.

Those ideas look amazing! Have you thought about including an outdoor kitchen into the gazebo area to increase the functionality of the space? I think that would really tie the area together and could look fantastic if done well. I can also see some Lattice Makers 1800 x 900mm Black Bamboo Half Raft Screen Panels softening the impact of all that Colorbond.

I'm wondering if @ProjectPete might have some input on how you could stealthily incorporate the pool pump and filter into the design of the gazebo?

I look forward to seeing your project come together and hearing what ideas our helpful community members have for you.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sgood
Getting Established

Re: Ideas for Pool Area

Hey Mitchell

We already have another area for BBQ and Tiki bar near the pool so just need to space for sitting and relaxing to watch the kids whilst playing in the pool.

Tiki BarTiki Bar

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: Ideas for pool area

🕺Love idea 2 - will help ensure you get a lot more use out of the space, whatever the weather is like. 

Personally, I'm not a fan of the waterfall feature - I think they are a little dated and would prefer to spend money on a fantastic functional addition like your pergola and decking. 

Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

Re: Ideas for pool area

Idea 2 looks good and brings shade right up to the pool edge.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects