Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas wanted for pool equipment enclosures

Sheeba
Growing in Experience

Ideas wanted for pool equipment enclosures

Hello,

I was hoping to get some DIY ideas for building an enclosure for pool equipment including heater using readymade panels e.g slatt panels used for fencing...is that a good idea? any other suggestions/ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Sheeba

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Pool equipment enclosures

Hello @Sheeba 

It most definitely is possible to use the slat panels to cover your heater. However, before I make any recommendations, would it be possible for you to post a few photos of the area and the pool equipment you are trying to cover up? 

There have been a few conversations about pool pump covers, but I think it would be best if we see what you want hidden away so that we can offer you a comprehensive recommendation.

I suggest having a quick look at this guide - How to build a pool pump cover

Here are links to discussions that might help:

We look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Sheeba
Growing in Experience

Re: Ideas wanted for pool equipment enclosures

IMG_3641.jpeg

Sheeba
Growing in Experience

Hello! Here’s our equipment, setup in progress…

Regards.

IMG_3643.jpeg

Sheeba

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Sheeba,

It sounds like the step-by-step guide on How to build a pool pump cover is exactly what you need. It utilises the slatted Mebau fence panels, and the design is just about as simple as you can make it. However, before you go ahead with this project, it's important that you contact the manufacturer of the heater to find out whether it can be enclosed. It might be that it needs to have clearance around its sides.

Please let me know if you have any questions about following the guide or run into issues.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects