Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kids furniture made from a mix of pallet, scrap wood and branches

artbypix
Getting Established

Kids furniture made from a mix of pallet, scrap wood and branches

I have recently got some pallets, i have made an art easel which i stained and seats for the visiting kids from a mix of timbers, not sure what to seal them with. They will be out doors and i want the natural timer grain and color to remain. I am not a wood worker but have found i loved makeing these.  

Any help would be appreciated

PixP1100012.JPGP1100023.JPGP1100014.JPG

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Kids furniture made from a mix of pallet, scrap wood and branches.

Fantastic @artbypix. Many thanks for sharing your creative project with the Workshop community. It's great to have you join us. We look forward to seeing what you come up with next. 

I'm sure helpful members like @Brad and @DIYology would be happy to recommend something you could use to protect the timber and extend its life. We have many clever, creative and helpful members sharing advice and inspiration every day.

Welcome,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Looks Amazing, what a wonderfully creative use for pallets. Well done @artbypix

I would use an external timber preserver such as Intergrain Ultradeck. It’s readily available at Bunnings, easy to apply using a brush or roller, and water based so washing up is a breeze...

Here’s a DIY video of how to do it...
https://youtu.be/jLjT8__K3MQ
** Currently employed @ Bunnings however my posts, ideas, projects, views & opinions are my own personal & not Bunnings **
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

There is also a Cabots product for Garden furniture that is water based.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/cabot-s-1l-new-natural-garden-furniture-oil_p1520197

Feast Watson do an oil base as well.

Nice work!

LePallet
Amassing an Audience

awesome work such a cool way of mixing timber with the branches. Keep it up :smile:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hope that advice about sealing the timber helps @artbypix, let us know how you go with finishing them off.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects