Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kids mud kitchen

Noah
Cultivating a Following

Kids mud kitchen

IMG_4996.jpeg

So this was mine before Christmas project for my little cousin! A super simple and affordable build which came around $60-70. 

IMG_4405.jpeg

The project started off with making a very basic frame, the front was made from 90x45 H3 Pine, Back 120x45 H3 Pine and then fence pailings to create the box frames. All were made with my Ryobi One+ Nailer Gun, but a hammer and nails would work just fine!

IMG_4419.jpeg

My local Bunnings store had some pine decking on clearance due to some imperfections, so I took advantage of this and used it for my whole project. I cut them all to length and lined the back and created the bottom shelf, once again using my Ryobi Nailer. The benefit of a project like this is how super easy it is to customize and make it to the materials you have available around you. I went the easy way out and bought a $25ish pre-made benchtop from the timber isle at my Bunnings. When picking out your bench top make sure to read the specs as some are only made for use indoors, however, a couple of them have an outdoor rated glue.

IMG_4996.jpeg

I then used a Ryobi Jigsaw to cut a whole for a cheap metal bowl, added some rubber coated eyehooks (safe for kids), a little chalkboard and then used the leftovers of the bench top to create a name tag! It was coated in a marshmallow-like Dulux outdoor paint and was ready for play! 

Hope you feel inspired to go create something similar, this was only a brief description of how it was made so please feel free to ask questions and share ideas on where I could have improved! 

Cheers Noah :smile: 

AnitaH25
Having an Impact

Re: Kids mud kitchen

This is so cute, any kid would love to have it.

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Looks fantastic. Well done @Noah.

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

Delightful. Well done.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects