Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laying new turf

VegaNano
Growing in Experience

Laying new turf

IMG_20201220_112918.jpg

IMG_20201220_112918.jpg

Help- I need a plague of bandicoot rodents to dig up the bitumen road so I can lay more lawn turf..NIGELLA & I are providing a Smorgasbord for VEGAN Xmas Dinner guests..A grass picnic for Xmas Dinner seated on turf cross legged..How can I capture 100 bandicoots  to do a D.I.Y digging up bitumen-?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Laying New Turf

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @VegaNano. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your Christmas plans.

As proficient as Bandicoots are at digging holes in the garden, I feel they might struggle with your bitumen dilemma. I'd encourage you to check out our range of demolition hammers to make quick work of this project. If you were to use a Full Boar 1500W 12kg 40J 30mm HEX Demolition Hammer Kit and a Kango 75mm SDS Plus Tiling Chisel Masonry Drill Bit you'll be able to break the bitumen up effectively.

Once you have removed the bitumen, aerate the ground and apply a 50mm layer of topdressing. You'll then be ready to turf the area and for your expected guests.

Please let me know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects