Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New garden screening

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

New garden screening

Screen

One problem down now to work out how to keep the hound out the garden bed without it looking like a farmers fence.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Screen

Nice work @Brad. I'm sure this will inspire other community members. What are you trying to hide with the screen?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

It replaced the self destructing trellis that was mostly to stop the dog running through the dirt.

I wanted something that was mostly set and forget and it was a chance to do a trial run with screen up using ekodeck and just how the decorative panels would go.

Marty did love rolling around in the Ekodeck shavings from the mitre saw because I got lazy and didn't keep swapping the vacuum over with the router table, time for another BigW elcheapo vacuum and Triton dust bucket.

Protector screws are too short for fixing the screens to the brackets, pop rivets work well, I just need to replace the old riviet gun now.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great, many thanks for sharing @Brad. It looks very effective.

Jason

Cole_73
Getting Established

Re: New garden screening

Nice.

we have a carport with roller doors and attached to house (so like a garage but not enclosed at the side and back) this could really work to cover the view of the tools and crap from the backyard (haha).

:smile:

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: New garden screening

That sounds like a great plan, @Cole_73.

If you were looking to construct something similar, I believe @Brad has used the Protector Aluminium Make It Easy range of screens and posts. We also have a vast range available of different screens to choose from.

I look forward to following your project, and please let us know if you need any assistance.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects