Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New pergola project

bensmith5
Growing in Experience

New pergola project

36C688FD-621A-41F4-9D0F-7D52F9679EA1.jpeg

0E930DFF-FCFF-4E50-8642-ACE3CEAB5F4F.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: pergola

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @bensmith5. It's fantastic to have you join as a member and we look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. We have loads of clever and creative members like yourself, so we're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration.

Your pergola looks absolutely stunning and I'm sure other members will be inspired by what you have done and want to know more. Was this a D.I.Y. project? What materials did you use? What did you learn along the way? 

Looking forward to reading more. Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or ever have any feedback about how we can ensure Workshop is even more useful to you.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Aussie-Garden
Becoming a Leader

Re: New pergola project

Wow, @bensmith5. That is fantastic! 👍

Do you have photos of the different stages?

I'd also like to know what you used for that middle path section and how you went about it, as I'm looking at doing something similar for a small path in the future.

Another wow! 😍

Jason397
Finding My Feet

Congratulations. Add another wow from me. I would really like to read more about this project. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jason397. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

Let me mention @bensmith5 so they are alerted to your kind feedback about their project.

Were you thinking of building a similar pergola? We'd really enjoy hearing about any projects you have around the house and garden and would encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or have something to share. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community as our creative members are contributing their projects here all the time.

Mitchell

Fen
Just Starting Out

Hi,

We are so amazed by this pergola project and want to build a similar one DIY. May I know this kind of project needs council permit or not? 

We are new to the suburb, so want to do the right thing. Thanks

Fen

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Fen. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Let me mention @bensmith5 to see whether they needed to obtain a council permit. However, your council might have different requirements. I would encourage you to contact them to find out if a permit for such a project is needed in your location.

We look forward to hearing more about your project, and we'd encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance with it or would like to share it with us. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community as our creative members are contributing their own projects here every day.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects