Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Recycled wine barrel table

rgoyne
Cultivating a Following

Recycled wine barrel table

 I completed this morning a coffee/occasional recycling hoops from a degraded wine barrel fitted with a teak fj glulam round panel.  I couldn’t locate them via the website but went in store at Belconnen forty minutes later the table sits on my veranda

1482F5F0-85E1-4414-B657-CFE22F474D10.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Recycled wine barrel table

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @rgoyne. It's great to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your recycled wine barrel table.

What an excellent use of materials. Did you use the Taskmaster 400 x 10mm Hairpin Steel Table Leg? It blends in so well with the wine barrel hoops. Will you be putting any sort of protective coating on it to protect it from the elements? Did you glue the hoops onto the timber or are they just tightly fitted? It's a fantastic looking table and I'm sure it will provide many years of service. If you have any other projects ongoing, please don't hesitate to share them. Any updates you can provide would be much appreciated. 

Thank you for sharing your coffee table project, we look forward to seeing your next D.I.Y. project.    

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
rgoyne
Cultivating a Following

Hello I used three of the legs mentioned and used galvanised self tapping screws to attach them to the base.  The base has been attached to the preexisting coopering pins which are part of the barrel hoop.  I’ll apply linseed oil to the top.  I use raw linseed oil diluted with turpentine to apply with a pump spray bottle.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Wonderful work @rgoyne! That Teak round panel fits perfectly within the wine barrel hoop.

Please update us when you apply the linseed oil. I'm sure it will look stunning.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

That looks great @rgoyne 😊 

rgoyne
Cultivating a Following

recycled wine barrel table

 I have applied a coat of raw linseed oil diluted with turpentine to the table top

DE4E3855-2C6C-4982-9D4F-B939A8290607.jpeg

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: recycled wine barrel table

Very nice! :smile:

Did you make the frame?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: recycled wine barrel table

How wonderful @rgoyne! That really has bought out the grain and beauty of the timber. I'll have to try your raw linseed oil and turpentine mix sometime soon.

Well done.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects