Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sand pit with built-in seats and cover

Gareth
Building a Reputation

Sand pit with built-in seats and cover

IMG_6767.jpegI have been wanting to make one of these for a while for a friend that has two little girls , so last weekend I started as you can see i think it turned out OK, all delivered this weekend and two very happy little girls  

IMG_6759.JPGIMG_3917.JPGIMG_3916.JPGIMG_6764.JPGIMG_6766.JPGIMG_3926.JPGIMG_3927.JPGIMG_6767.JPGIMG_6769.JPGIMG_6783.JPG  

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Re: Sand pit

That's a neat looking sandpit Gareth...They didn't build them like that in my day !!😀

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Sand pit

That turned out fantastic, @Gareth! I really like that you've used some substantial sleepers to build the frame; I trust it will outlast any pre-fabricated sandpit. The folding lid and seat arrangement is a nice touch as well.

Many thanks for sharing and providing images of the construction. Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sand pit with built-in seats and cover

Well done @Gareth. I can see why your girls would be happy. It looks fantastic. I've featured your handiwork on our Project Gallery as I'm sure many members will be inspired by what you have built.

Thanks for sharing,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Sand pit with built-in seats and cover

That is a well designed arrangement for the cover/seat. I was a bit concerned when first seeing the original picture that the top could accidentally blow or fall back on anyone in the sandpit... but when I saw how it actually unfolds, I couldn't be more wrong.  It folds out into what looks like a very stable arrangement that is unlikely to accidentally fold back and is very useful. Great job!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects