Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Stubby holder display

darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

Stubby holder display

My brother in law collects ball caps.  He has hundreds of them.  Me, I collect stubby coolers.  I decided to make a display to show them off.  The best thing about it is that the 3rd cooler from the left, top row is from our wedding and has the date on it.  I never forget our anniversary.

Stubby holder display.jpg

Made from jarrah with a ply backing.  Perspex front keeps them clean and dry.  Problem is I now have to make another one to fit all the coolers I have collected since.

Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Re: Stubby holder display

Great feature piece!
Wood Working with Wayne
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@darylhewston

Daz mate, I like the concept, but you either need spring loaded hinged flaps on the bottom of each column, or a BREAK IN EMMERGENCY sign. : P

I'm pretty hard on my stubby holders, they're only good for landfill by day 3, so what's your secret? 8 P

sunraider
Finding My Feet

IMG_1797.jpeg

@darylhewston i used your brilliant idea to make my husband’s 40th birthday present. There were 6 columns but Bunnings cut it incorrectly for me so down to 5. Bottom of acrylic was cut to allow for easy access and the top slides off and on through the side so the stubbies are easily on rotation. His mates want them too now. Thanks for the DIY!

IMG_0393.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @sunraider 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your stubby holder display.

That design looks very practical specially the easy access bottom of the acrylic cover. You might need to plan for the future, I can only imagine how many more of these displays you'll need to make if friends and family started to give you a new stubby holder every week.

Thank you for sharing such an excellent project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @EricL - I do envisage he’ll need a bigger one at some stage. They’re super easy to make but the acrylic cutting is where the cost lies! We will give this to a friend once we upgrade ☺️ 

look forward to sharing more projects.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects