Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

To pool or not to pool...?

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

To pool or not to pool...?

Trying to decide whether you could/should get a pool? Not sur eif you've got enough room?

Never fear, the answer to all your problems is right here :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/TheWeatherChannel/videos/10153926380975921/

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: To pool or not to pool...?

Amazing. I just had a Google and found another video from the same design company:

I also saw in Handyman Magazine this month the featured renovation had a small 3.5m x 3.5m plunge pool/spa underneath a sliding deck. As well as keeping the leaves out and heat in, apparently the cover reduces the amount of chemicals needed as its not exposed to UV rays. It also eliminates the need for a pool fence/gate. Here's a similar one:

This one is Thunderbirds style:

davehutchy
Cultivating a Following

Drool. I've got a mate who put an automatic cover on his pool that is so strong you can walk on it. He wanted it for pool safety with young kids, but it also obviously is great for keeping the heat in. These are next level. But I wonder whether here in Australia you would still need a pool fence to comply with regulations anyway?
pursya
Growing in Experience

I'm sure the authorities would argue that you could not guarantee the deck would be on the pool when unattended.
So yes, they would insist on enforcing the regulations in my opinion.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects