Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wonderful timber slat screens for outdoor dining area

CathD
Making a Splash

Wonderful timber slat screens for outdoor dining area

Screens.png
Jason1
Just Starting Out

Re: Wonderful timber slat screens for outdoor dining area

That's different.  I like it. Good job

Helen
Having an Impact

great idea, can control air flow & sun light.

DIYMezza
Just Starting Out

great idea, how do you get them to secure at various intervals? have you used a slide bolt locking mechanism and are the edges of the timber sections set into a channel for ease of sliding. 

would like to see a small video on there construction in the future if able. :smile:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @DIYMezza. I'm glad this photo from Workshop member @CathD has inspired you.

From the photo it does seem that slide bolts have been used, and there are holes for the bolts at regular intervals rather than a channel. If you'd like to build something similar I suggest you start a new discussion with some photos and plans - I'm sure our helpful community members would be happy to assist. Starting a new discussion would ensure your post is a little more visible - this gallery post is over a year old so is a little hidden.  

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. It's terrific to have you join us. Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects