Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Arlec Grid Connect robot vacuum mop review

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Arlec Grid Connect robot vacuum mop review

Hi All,

I thought I would share this product as apart of the Grid Connect system I am running in my house, being new to the market and their first model I have to say it have fitted in well with the rest of the systems and has not let me down.

I purchased this because we have a small mini foxie x jack Russell who sheds short hair constantly onto our tiles and carpet and everywhere else and with my Wife and I working full-time and I working morning / day / night shifts throughout the week we were sick of vacuuming every day especially on the tiles.

So with that background here is what I have found from use the last 6 or so weeks.

It vacuums tiles great

It gets inbetween chairs fine and under our cabinets

It does fine on carpet but we generally don't let it in those rooms because it will get stuck with kids items or under bed side tables

Requires empty of tank every second day for us

It has a separate mop tank with 2 mop pads, I used 70 deg water and its moped fine but don't expect the same as a steam mop or hand mop it's only dragging a wet rag over the tiles

It doesn't have Geofencing, I have heard that is in the next model but at the next price bracket so we just close the doors to the rooms we don't want it to go in.

If there are any issues it will send you a notification through grid connect which I like everything under the one app.

You can view the area it has been for the day.

It shows you use level on consumables 

So for this type of application without all the bells and whistles of a much more expensive robot cleaner for $250.00 it's definitely worth a look at.

20220617_111544.jpg

20220616_125158.jpg

  

20220616_125001.jpg

20220616_125017.jpg

20220616_125248.jpg

20220616_125301.jpg

  

20220616_093240.jpg

Screenshot_20220616-125035_Grid Connect.jpg

  

Screenshot_20220616-125053_Grid Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20220616-125102_Grid Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20220617-111838_Grid Connect.jpg

SueR
Getting Established

Re: Arlec Grid Connect robot vacuum mop review

Thanks! I was staggered by the amount of dirt and dust Alec collected. I think we’ll get on very well together 🤣

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

@SueR they get into places you forget about that's what I like and you don't have to lift a finger.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Be aware that these robot cleaning devices will one day rise up - and attempt to kill you!

Just remember never to activate "purge" mode on your robot - that's where they see you as the pest/dirt.

For full details see Love Death + Robots. Season 3 - "Automated Customer Service."

https://www.netflix.com/au/title/80174608

20220725_112055.jpg

20220724_194415.jpg

😁

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

😄 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Noyade

I saw that episode as well and found it hilarious.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Hi @SueR 

So I did some testing today with mine off network, I was surprised with the ability to function as well as it did considering the requirements on the packaging states a 2.4ghz wifi network is required.

I didn't do a full house clean as I had to much on the floor and not the time to pick it up as I had a list of jobs to get through. But I did set it off by the quick start button on the cleaner itself whilst off the network and off went Alice. No notification was sent off to my phone as expected. She cleaned around the couch and the dinning chairs before I hit home on the cleaner and off she went back to the docking station. I tried this 2 more times without issue.

So then I did have an issue yesterday with her beeping at me in error twice and on my screen on the app it was a drop error so I cleaned all 3 sensors I would say I had put a finger print on one from doing some other testing but that fixed that.

With yours beeping and not returning to base at a guess it would be either an error like a drop, fan, wheel or brush error or because it is not wifi guided and relaying on what signal the base station is putting out it has gotten to far and battery to low to make it back and just requires manual docking.

So I hope that helps some and please let me know how you go.

SueR
Getting Established

Hi, Alec’s issue was sensor cleaning. I’ve given him a full service, and tested again on Monday. He was trying to clean areas he’d already previously done, so I closed the doors. Worked really well. When the battery ran down, I followed him to home base, and watched him dock. Close eyes, go to sleep 🤣. Thanks for your advice. 

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Hi @SueR great stuff good to hear Alec is behaving and doing his job as he should.

Any issues at all in the future, fingers crossed none as they are pretty robust let us know.

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Hi all that are following, I have been asking a few times and trying to find a way to send a notification  on error, I requested information on a scene command but in response it was flagged and removed from option as it was not meant to be there for release. To date there is no option apart from low battery alert. Please see the following response.

Screenshot_20220812-173009_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20220812-173018_Gmail.jpg

  

Shame it is an important function missing in my opinion 

wommamukurta
Just Starting Out

My new unit just stops in the middle of the floor with green light on. Push button and off it goes again. Not much good if you are out.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects