Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Demo air conditioner has missing parts

prochakov
Finding My Feet

Demo air conditioner has missing parts

I bought an air conditioner, it was the last demo without a box, I brought it home and found that there were not enough parts. there is no square piece that will connect to the air conditioner. Please tell  me where i can get it?

68CC08E2-8249-4321-9750-C29055FEB7D7.jpeg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: mising parts

Hi @prochakov,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It is awesome you have decided to join and ask your first question. If you could please take a photo of either the model number on the air conditioner or of the product with item number from your receipt and upload it to this discussion, we will be able to assist you further.

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Good evening, receipt from the store in the car if need it, I'll go and get it. 

Model Name
CPAC1907-C
Click 2.06 KW
KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @prochakov,

Thank you for your product details, it looks like your Click 2.06KW white portable air conditioner is missing the window kit. My suggestion would be to call up the store you made your purchase from and see if the window kit is still in the store as it is included with the Click air conditioner. Let me know how you go so I can further assist you if required. 

Katie

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @prochakov and @KatieC 

"there is no square piece that will connect to the air conditioner."

Does that mean that the essential outlet hose is also missing?

"I brought it home and found that there were not enough parts."

I've been there. I have bought a few items in the past on clearance with hand-written "only packaging missing" labels, only to find out once at home, there's far more than the packaging missing.

I'm sure if you find no success, or the additional cost of the missing parts makes the purchase uneconomical, Bunnings would be more than happy for its return and refund you.

Just a consumer's thoughts. 😊

Good day!
I called the store (Chadstone Bunnings) today and they told me to bring the air conditioner in a shop. why, if I need window kit?

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @prochakov 

"today and they told me to bring the air conditioner in a shop. why, if I need window kit?"

Shop? Bunnings? Or were they talking about another spare parts appliance shop?

Maybe they found the missing parts?

Maybe they found surplus parts - and wanna know if they fit yours?

Maybe they wanna know exactly what parts they need to order?

Maybe they want you to return it for a refund?

What exactly did they say on the phone?

And I'm somewhat ignorant about how hackers work - but maybe it's not a good idea to display your receipt on the net with your card details? I don't know.

5C8F2401-1CAE-4E34-ADC2-80541FFCE662.jpeg

the photo shows that the connection to the air conditioner is square. this part is missing

A4F20F51-B160-4458-874A-833C7058750E.jpeg

G'day @prochakov 

I understand it's frustrating having to go back to the store, and especially when you have to take a bulky air con unit with you, but if get it there and they don't have the required part, then a refund can be processed on the spot I suppose. It's not usable without the hose, so potentially they will offer a boxed one as an exchange if they have stock, and given you've had the run around? Perhaps it's worth calling them again to find out what the plan is before you drive in.

Hi @prochakov,

It's great to see that our members have been assisting.

After you have spoken with the team at Bunnings Chadstone, please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with. I trust they'll either replace the part or offer you a refund on the unit.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects