Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Dog versus fly screen

Henk
Just Starting Out

Dog versus fly screen

Despite having a doggie door the dog insists on tryin to open the sliding mesh fly screen between the sunroom and garden.  I'm now mending the shredded mesh for the umpteenth time.  Any ideas how i can put something like a see through panel both sides of the flyscreen up to dog height and what sort of material should I use.  I want it clear to let the light into the room

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Dog versus fly screen

Hi @Henk,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's good to have you join us. We're looking forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're confident you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members.

You might like to share a photo of your door so we can see what you are working with, but it sounds like you should be installing a "pet mesh" rather than using an insect mesh (which might be better suited to windows). There is helpful information at this Bunnings resource - How to choose and repair a flyscreen. Once you've selected the right material, this helpful step-by-step guide: How to replace a flyscreen by @Tara86 might also be useful.

If you could please share a photo or two, I'm sure the ever-helpful @MitchellMc will be happy to recommend the most appropriate product for your use.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects