Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Game changing caulk gun

ezzie
Growing in Experience

Game changing caulk gun

After years of never ever being able to load and use a caulk gun, I grabbed a friendly geezer at Bunnings and declared my frustration with caulk guns, but that I really needed to learn to use one faced with my renovation from Hell. He was brilliant and wisely co-erced me away from buying the usual cheap blue metal caulking guns, and instead I bought the Uni-Pro Professional Heavy Duty gun. Holy moley...what a difference! No more caulk squirting out the back end, getting stuck, swearing, it was simple and worked easily and smoothly. So happy...my Achilles heel of DIY has been conquered. So if you ever go to grab a cheap blue one, grab this one instead. I meet so many people who avoid caulk guns because of Bad experiences. 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Game changing caulk gun

Hi @ezzie,

I'm so happy to hear you've had success with this caulking gun. A good quality tool can make a world of difference on those tricky jobs.

I look forward to seeing your professionally finished projects with your newfound caulking gun.

Jacob

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Afternoon! @ezzie 

Glad you're all sorted now.  👍

"So if you ever go to grab a cheap blue one, grab this one instead."

I was thinking of you on Friday when I bought my blue gun.  😁

From Monarch - designed for the smaller cartridges - which I like.

Haven't tried it yet.

Above it are "dripless" ones. They work really well - the identifying feature (I think) is the lack of a 'parking brake' trigger that unless deactivated, maintains pressure = drips. Just a theory.

20240421_115736.jpg

20240419_135344.jpg

ezzie
Growing in Experience

Ooh, yes I've seen the smaller tubes. I was tempted by the dripless guns, but baulked at the price...or should that be caulked! 

The gun I have is very smooth, but must admit the 'after dribble' is like tending to a toddler with a snotty nose. I'll give the dripless a go next time :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects