Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I choose best flyscreen mesh?

mejaybee
Finding My Feet

How do I choose best flyscreen mesh?

Planning to replace all fly screens- windows and doors. I have 2 pomeranians so I think pet mesh best for front/back doors. How do I work out best choice for window screens? I can see that there are varying types of mesh and prices, but am I comparing apples with apples? I have zero idea re stopping midges, longevity ... would appreciate any advice.  Thx

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do I choose best flyscreen mesh?

Hi @mejaybee,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community and apologies for the slow reply. Usually the ever-helpful @MitchellMc would be on hand to assist you but he is taking a well-earned break at the moment and won't be back until the end of the week. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.  

I would encourage you to start with this helpful step-by-step guide: How to replace a flyscreen by @Tara86 

There is also helpful information at this Bunnings resource - How to choose and repair a flyscreen

Can you please confirm that your goal for the project is just to keep insects out - it is not for security? 

We're so pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @mejaybee,

How'd you go reading through the guide provided by @Jason on choosing fly screens?

Please let me know if you have further questions or need help.

Mitchell 

Thx for the responses. 

Info useful.

I have decided what I need to use.

Regards

Mejaybee

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That's fantastic to hear @mejaybee.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you require further assistance.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects