Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to click in the HanWood hybrid waterproof flooring?

justamumma
Just Starting Out

How to click in the HanWood hybrid waterproof flooring?

How to install the HanWood 4.5mm 2.657m² Aurora Oak Spc Hybrid Waterproof Flooring?

I get the the idea, I have done some flooring before but this type needs to be clicked in the same way on both the short end as well as the long end. Not sure how to do it both at the same time. I did try just doing the long end first then using the rubber mallet and block hitting it into place but it ended up breaking off the corner.  PLEASE HELP!!!

hybrid flooring 3.jpgbybrid flooring 2.jpghybrid flooring 1.jpg

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to click in the HanWood 4.5mm 2.657m² Aurora Oak Spc Hybrid Waterproof Flooring?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @justamumma. We'd love to help.

Let me tag @RAW who recently shared a hybrid flooring installation and may be able to offer advice. Our resident D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc will also be happy to help when he's back on the site tomorrow. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to click in the HanWood hybrid waterproof flooring?

Hi @justamumma,

What you've described is how the boards are put together. You line the boards up, so the upper tongue overlaps the lower tongue and then engage the longer side at a 45-degree angle before dropping the board down. There is then only a 2-3mm white upper tongue exposed. You tap lightly on the end of the board with a rubber mallet to engage the tongue on the shorter side.

What might be happening is you're laying the boards in reverse, and you're trying to engage the larger bottom tongue into the previous board. This isn't very easy to describe via text. Have a look at the image below. Is A or B the board you are trying to lay? You should be laying A and connecting it into B, working from left to right, not the other way around. If you're joining B onto A, you can't overlap and align the tounges over each other before dropping the board down. This means you have to leave a large gap, potentially damaging the board as you have to tap it over too far. It all has to do with which way you laid the first board. Try rotating it 180-degrees.

Do you still have the instructions? There is quite a large section detailing which order the boards are to be laid in and how to tounges engage.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects