Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove diamond security screens?

Mitch_1990
Finding My Feet

How to remove diamond security screens?

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can advise on how best to remove my diamond security screen from the inside (if possible). They seem to be fixed with a round headed rivet/screw (see second image). Do these have to be drilled out? 

Thanks!

Security ScreenSecurity ScreenClose up of screw/rivetClose up of screw/rivet

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to remove diamond security screens?

Hi @Mitch_1990 

.   Ahh  I see its a fixed  panel so  yes those  secruirty  rivets will need to be drilled out or ground off and tapped out most likly.

Try pushing on the  window and see where it is attached.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Mitch_1990 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about how to remove your window security screen.

If you are not on the ground floor, I suggest holding off on the disassembly. The security window is held in place by blind rivets and flat panels. There is the possibility that taking the rivets off will result in the outer parts falling to the ground. The window security screen is meant to be disassembled from the outside. If you are not on the ground floor, I suggest engaging the services of a handy person to take the screen off for you.  

However, if you are on the ground floor the blind rivets can be drilled out and pulled out with pliers from the outside.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for the advice Eric! We'll hold off on the disassembly for now.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects