Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Keyless locks

CathD
Making a Splash

Keyless locks

We are thinking about replacing our front door, so I was browsing deadlocks and see there’s now some keyless options that use fingerprints, cards and keypads. Anyone got any first-hand experience with these? It would be great not to have loads of keys to carry around, especially when I quickly pop down to the shops or go for a walk.

Ta,

Cath

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Keyless locks

@CathD

I think they are a great idea. We're going to use one with a code for our backyard games room. That way you don't have to carry keys on you all the time, and we will be able to share the code with friends and family who want to pop in and use the pool when we're not around.

Jason 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

A friend of mine has Samsung keyless locks on all her exterior doors and she couldn't recommend them more. Like @Jason said, it's perfect for when they are on holidays and need someone to drop by and feed the cat or put the bins out. 

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

I haven't got them but would like them and have heard lots of good things.

I assume an override key would need to be kept somewhere outside the house should you forget your code or the electrics die on the device.

Anyone know?
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Alicia
Building a Reputation

Anyone know if there's any that can be used on a sliding door? 

I forgot about this original post and it didn't come up in search so I just created this one https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Interiors/Keyless-entry-feedback-suggestions/m-p/14474#M3056

@CathD What did you end up going with?
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

We ended up installing a screen door as well for security, so we didn't go with a keyless option @ProjectPete. I do often wish we had though, especially when I am fumbling with my keys in the rain!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects