Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laminate flooring water damaged

reecedicarlo
Just Starting Out

Laminate flooring water damaged

21696E55-D5AB-46FC-9037-508A1343713B.jpeg

429CB11B-63DA-4987-8B47-58717833787C.jpeg

Hey guys. We had laminate flooring installed in our townhouse about a year ago. Today while cleaning I’ve noticed there is some damaged boards, most likely caused by water. Just wanting to know the easiest way to go about repairing it.

Not too keen on ripping up half the flooring to reach that board. 

Cheers

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: laminate flooring water damaged

@reecedicarlo Great to see you make your first post! I'll be waiting with anticipation for an answer on this one, as anything I can think of is going to end with subpar results.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Laminate flooring water damaged

Hi @reecedicarlo,

Welcome to the Workshop community. 

Let me tag some very experienced members in @PJA@gippslandhome@Brad and @ProjectPete to see if they might like to kick off the discussion and share how they would go about tackling this flooring repair.    

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a project around the house and garden. We trust you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for your projects from our amazing members. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: laminate flooring water damaged

The multi tool fix I can think of involving careful cutting the board out and gluing the trimmed replacement in will end up in the subpar class. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and fix it right the first time.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects