Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Make a window frame for a flyscreen

dbase92000
Getting Established

Make a window frame for a flyscreen

Hi there,

Any advice on how do I make the windows fly screen frames? Can I buy the aluminium frames in bunnings so that I can add fly net to it myself based on the window size ?

Thank you

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Make a window frame for a flyscreen

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @dbase92000. It's amazing that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question.

Because of the many different sizes of windows out there, screen frames are sold in lengths for you to cut down and assemble yourself. You'll also need a Rolltrak Flyscreen Mitre BoxRolltrak Aluminium Flyscreen Corner Stake, spline, spline roller, mini hack saw and insect screen. Do you have some existing frames which you wish to copy, or are you starting from scratch? You might like to post an image of the window, and we can advise where to take measurements from.

Once you've cut the frame to the correct length and installed the corner pieces, you'll be ready to install your new insect screen. You should find this step-by-step guide useful: How to replace a flyscreen by @Tara86.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Make a window frame for a flyscreen

Thank you Mitchell. Yes, I'm starting from the scratch. I will send the photos in few weeks.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects