Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Painting my house

amyt1337
Finding My Feet

Painting my house

Will be painting all rooms in the house. Want a nice white. Colours that the other people have used throughout the house are yellow, green, pink, brown. Is there a particular paint that could cover these colours but give a nice look ? I have toddlers so they do happen to make mess on the walls as well haha. Any help would be wonderful thank you 

Former Workshop member
Not applicable

Re: painting my house

I think lighter trims look very crisp - I usually go for Dulux White on White with almost any colour on pale walls - as Mathy says, though, it depends on the look you want. I find Vivid White to be a little weird looking against some colours. Can't put my finger on it, it just looks 'wrong' to me, so I tend to not consider it. Might be the perfect one, though.
I see, I seeee --- samples, in your future...
I always go with a satin sheen on trims in a water based enamel, so it won't yellow. I like satin so it's easy clean, but not so glossy that's it's bouncing light and heat around on a hot summer day. I have an almost pathological aversion to high gloss finishes - it's one of my quirks. Number one rule though - at the end of the day you gotta live with it - do whatever you love.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: painting my house

Hi @Punky100,

Great to see you join in the discussion and get some prompt replies. We're pleased to have you join the community and trust you will get loads of helpful advice, information and inspiration for your home improvement projects from our clever and creative community members. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share. 

Welcome to Workshop,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects