Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Picking up the tools in autumn

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Picking up the tools in autumn

pavers.jpg

Workshop community update #60

Hi all,

Autumn has arrived. While some might be sad that summer has come to an end, the cooler weather offers an opportunity to pick up the tools again and get stuck into projects around the house and garden.

For those planning a little gardening, I hope you find these autumn gardening tips useful. You might also like to join in the discussion about what you will be planting in autumn and recommendations for good vegies to plant.  

Thanks to our leading contributors to Workshop over the past week. The members who received the most likes in the past seven days were @darylhewston, @AndrewJones, @Brad, @jaga and @Wayne.

Some of the most popular discussions of the past seven days included:

• New benches made from recycled timber, steel and glass by @She_Skills.

It was also great to see new members share some of their projects, such as @Millie’s D.I.Y. lightbox, @Ashu’s restoration of a chest of drawers, and @azragarn’s custom timber desk. Great to have you join the community!  

Thanks again to all those that have contributed to Workshop over the past week. And a big welcome to all our new members.

Cheers,

Jason

Community Manager

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Millie
Getting Established

Re: Picking up the tools in autumn

Thanks for the mention Jason! :smile:

Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Autumn truly is a great time of year, nice sunny days without the extreme heat. For me personally I will be getting back into the swing of things now that the knee is holding up better. Already I have achieved a couple things I have put off forever - both the toilet and bathroom doors have always caught the mats and dragged them and they always needed straightening, I finally took the doors off last week and shaved about 5mm off the bottom and now they open freely without disrupting the mats. I clamped a straight edge on the bottom of the door and routed using a straight edge router bit Hint! place some masking tape wrapped over the ends to prevent chip out!

Wood Working with Wayne
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Thanks for the tip about the masking tape @Wayne. Everytime I look at our toilet door it annoys me that it splintered across the bottom when it was shaved when we got new tiles put down.

Good to see you back on your feet and on the tools.  

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects