Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sugru: 3 mends so far - love this stuff

DeeDeeBee
Finding My Feet

Sugru: 3 mends so far - love this stuff

So far I've 

1. Replaced the burnt silicon handle from a large Anolon frying pan. - heat resistant to 180°C, this is what started me off

2. Joined black plastic egg holder in an ancient 3 egg steamer. Rough job but did the trick

3. Replaced the broken button on the base of a chair leg. Blended brown with a bit of yellow as no white left. Good enough and covered the protruding screw

Cable fixes not included

20220501_125645.jpg

20220514_193214.jpg

  

This is fun!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Sugru: 3 mends so far - love this stuff

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @DeeDeeBee. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your projects.

It's wonderful to see your creative use of silicone-based moulding putties. They really do have a myriad of different uses. You might be interested to know that we have our own version, Kintsuglue. It's also an excellent product, and I trust you'll be able to use it very effectively.

We look forward to hearing about your projects around the house and garden. Please let us know anytime you need assistance or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Well done @DeeDeeBee! 👍

It's a great feeling when you can fix things with minimal fuss and economically.

"1. Replaced the burnt silicon handle from a large Anolon frying pan."

I'm interested to hear how you did this, please. The handle is riveted on?

Cheers!

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Ahhh....how did you appear above me Mitchell - you weren't there a minute ago?? :smile:

I see - a silicon product. Nice!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects