Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What do i use for jamb flashing?

ashlops
Getting Established

What do i use for jamb flashing?

Hi Team,

I am attempting to properly flash a sliding door i am installing into my carport.

I am using the following video as a guide.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCDoJwKpsBg

Its Australian and seems to follow all the proper standards.

I understand it, and how to do everything but I am stumped at 5:10 when he talks about the jamb flashing.

No one at Bunnings seems to know what this product is or have seen anything similar. Same at other hardware stores.

My question - does anyone know what this is? Its obviously a tape this is about 150mm wide, has some adhesive strip either side, so that it sticks to the frame and the sarking creating the weatherproof barrier. However, since I don't know exactly what its called I'm finding it difficult to hunt down. Any help would be appreciated!

Also, are there any alternatives I can use perhaps? Like maybe just some Alum. flashing tape that's overlapped a few times to reach the 150mm width that seems to be the AS standard?

I don't really care what I use, just so long as it creates the waterproof barrier and meets the Aus. standard.

Thanks team :smile:

jamb flashing.jpg

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: What do i use for 'jamb flashing'?

Hi @ashlops 

Bunnings also sell.150mm flashing, so that would be better than overlapping 2 runs of 75mm flashing.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/consolidated-alloys-150-x-0-3mm-x-10m-weatherflash_p1100453

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It's great to see @TedBear has already been assisting @ashlops.

If you'd like an adhesive flashing, I'd suggest Consolidated Alloys 150mm x 10m Weatherproof Byute Flash Flashing Tape. That way, you can adhere it to the door frame and then across onto your sarking.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks a bunch MitchellMC. I don't know how I missed that on the web site! A touch embarrassing! However thanks for the link up 😊👍

ashlops
Getting Established

Thanks TedBear.

I bought that one for the top and bottom sill flashing, but it wasn't really usable for the jamb since I needed something with an adhesive to stick to the sliding door frame and then the sarking, creating the barrier.

Regardless, thanks for your input - always appreciate any help :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects