Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Winter Warmer Meals

aly
Making a Splash

Winter Warmer Meals

With the colder weather comes the perfect opporunity for hearty home cooked winter meals. Recently I've been making large batches of soups for easy weeknight dinners and also for hot lunches at the office. I've made quite a few recipes including the classic pumpkin soup, chicken, vegetable and noodle soup and more recently tried a tasty chorizo, bacon and tomato soup. What is everyone else cooking for the colder months?

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Re: Winter Warmer Meals

I've just bought my first slow cooker..I did a slow cooked lamb shank and it was delicious..melt in your mouth with a spare rib sauce flavouring..

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yum. Sounds great @Prof.

You might be interested in this previous discussion about slow cooker recipes. I made the Santa Fe Chicken as part of a Mother's Day Mexican feast on Sunday for our extended family - it was very popular.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Prof
Becoming a Leader

That Santa Fe chicken sounds delicious Jason..

I'll definitely have to give that a try..

Kellie
Making a Splash

Lots of slow cooker meals at this time of year is the way to go. It's easy to just throw ingredients in before I go to work and then enjoy when I get home. And its economical too as you can use cheap cuts of meat. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects