Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Would you recommend the AEG bluetooth radio?

Joonie
Getting Established

Would you recommend the AEG bluetooth radio?

Would you recommend the AEG bluetooth radio over the makita bluetooth radio?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Would you recommend the AEG bluetooth radio?

Hi @Joonie,

Do you have either AEG or Makita batteries for other tools at the moment, or would you consider buying tools from either of these brands in the future? One of the biggest expenses when buying cordless tools are the batteries. One of the first decisions to make when investing in cordless tools is what brand you will go with. Generally, you'll stick with this brand moving forward, as switching between brands would be a costly exercise.

Both AEG and Makita produce several different radios. If you would like to let our helpful members know which radios you were considering, I'm sure they will have some suggestions. Function wise both brands offer similar products, and the choice between brands would likely come down to which produces other tools you are interested in.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Joonie
Getting Established

What's the sound quality like on the AEG BRFMB18-0 and how loud can it go would the sound quality and loudness be comparable to a Sony Srs xb43?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Joonie,

I haven't personally heard the AEG BRFMB18-0 or a Sony Srs xb43, but if one of our community members have, I'm sure they'll chime in and let you know how they compare.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Joonie
Getting Established

Has anyone heard the AEG BRFMB18-0

Gas anyone heard the sound output of the AEG BRFMB18-0?

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

As another approach... unless you need to share the sound with others, why not buy bluetooth headphones instead?

Advantages:- 

better value for money;

better quality sound;

can help to protect ears in a noisy environment (unless you listen too loudly);

more versatile in use,

eg can be used to take hands-free phone calls and carry on working if linked to your phone.

can listen to radio, or your own music, or youtube music, or podcasts, etc

can still be heard in a noisy environment;   ....

(I can't answer your question though; I use headphones.)

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects