Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas wanted for small bathroom remodel

VanessaW
Cultivating a Following

Ideas wanted for small bathroom remodel

Hello all,

I'm keen to get some ideas and designs on how to renovate our bathroom. It's a small space, but we'd really love a deeper bath. I know there are mixed views on the shower over bath, but I'm not sure if we have other options unless we make the shower or basin a lot smaller which isn't our preference.

Would love to know what people's thoughts are and let me know if you need more info 

IMG20210409120658.jpg

IMG20220210205928.jpg

Cheers,

Vanessa

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom remodel ideas

Hi @VanessaW,

It's fantastic to hear that you're embarking on a bathroom remodel. How exciting!

Can I confirm that your only requirement is a deeper bath, not a longer bath? I'd be happy to see if we could source you a deeper bath. What depth is it currently? I suspect it is around 450mm deep internally. There are a number of potentially deeper baths available on the Bunnings website that are 1500mm long. At a glance, we have the Estilo 1500mm Bold Freestanding Bathtub Oval Mondella 1500 x 750 x 600mm Rococo Square Edge Freestanding BathForme 1500mm Rectangle Soul Freestanding BathForme 1500mm Rectangle Horizon Freestanding BathForme Freestanding Hilton 1500 BathForme 1490mm Soul Oval Freestanding BathMondella 1700 x 750 x 600mm Rococo Square Edge Freestanding Bath Caroma Cupid Freestanding BathForme 1500mm Plunge Freestanding Bath and Forme 1500mm Plunge Freestanding Bath. All these freestanding baths will give you some extra depth. You'll likely need to go freestanding to get any significant depth increase. 

You might like to read through this helpful guide: How to plan a bathroom renovation by @Adam_W. I trust you'll also receive some inspiration from our Top 10 most popular bathroom projects. My personal favourite is @DarrenS Bathroom overhaul from 1950s to modern. What's outside that window? 

I'm sure our members will have some great advice for your project. 

Please let me know if you have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @VanessaW 

I definitely agree with @MitchellMc this is an exciting project with so many potential possibilities! There's a host of baths that you can use as you've seen from Mitchell's list. I've designed your bathroom conservatively with a restricted budget in mind. However, if you have the budget to spend there's no reason it can't look like @DarrenS Bathroom overhaul from the 1950s to modern

In keeping with what you've requested, I've drawn up your revamp with the shower intact and a bath that you can comfortably sit in. Compromises will have to be made for vanity space but your vanity top remains the same. The other option is a shower over bath. This layout makes your bathroom look bigger and you can get a bigger vanity if you wish. You can max out on the size of the bath, but it has to be rated for showering so that it does not flex. 

If you wish to see your bathroom in another configuration, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to re-arrange it for you.

Eric

Vanessas Shower Over Bath.jpgVanessas Shower Over Bath1.jpgVanessas Shower Over Bath2.jpgVanessas Shower1.jpgVanessas Shower2.jpgVanessas Shower3.jpgVanessas Shower4.jpgVanessas Shower5.jpgVanessas Shower8.jpgVanessas Shower6.jpgVanessas Shower7.jpg

VanessaW
Cultivating a Following

Thanks @MitchellMc  - I'll check out these options and suggested posts.

The internal depth of the bath is very shallow, more like 25cm due to the insets on the bath rim etc. I've been told it's a very old cast iron tub, great quality but just not practical for us. Depth is the main priority, but more length would also be ideal so I do like the way @EricL has configured to have the bath running along the window. There's not much outside that window, it looks into our backyard, with a lovely view of the carport 😅

VanessaW
Cultivating a Following

Thanks @EricL - these designs are great and really help to picture what some options might be, particularly as our preference is to keep things budget friendly so not knocking it walls and windows etc.

Another consideration will be the amount of storage space. I am hesitant to have a smaller vanity if it compromises storage, however I can see the potential in your design to add shelves and wall cupboards etc 

I will have a think and repost when we're at the next stage of our design process. Thanks so much!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Keep us updated @VanessaW. We'll be keen to assist you throughout the project.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects