Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry wall makeover

Nkbarfield
Cultivating a Following

Laundry wall makeover

20191006_135647.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Laundry Wall Makeover

Brilliant job @Nkbarfield. Many thanks for sharing. What materials did you use for the job?  

A very warm welcome to Workshop. You obviously have some great skills and experience to share so we look forward to seeing more of your projects soon. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. We have loads of clever and creative members sharing advice and inspiration every day, so I'm sure you will fit right in!

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nkbarfield
Cultivating a Following

Re: Laundry wall makeover

Everything was from Bunnings and all for just under $250. I used the Bunnings video to make my steel pipe that hangs from the roof and while I was in bunnings searching for the materials a lovely lady worker helped me with the idea of a cube shelf for the other side. We then thought of getting brackets that usually hang up a shelf and hiding them in the squares to give the idea of a floating shelf. 

I wanted a small hang too so I just got the one that was already black to match my painted one from the ceiling. Different length screws for each thing and I reinforced with some timber in the ceiling for a bit more strength.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great work @Nkbarfield. Many thanks for the extra detail. 

For those who are inspired, I have attached the video below for the D.I.Y. industrial hanging clothes rail and the full step-by-step instructions can be found here - https://www.bunnings.com.au/diy-advice/home-improvement/shelving-and-storage/diy-industrial-hanging-...

Jason

Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Nice work @Nkbarfield - you have a lovely wide laundry there, and you additions are great! Congrats on realising that the “shower rail and fittings bay” is one of the best places to solve some of those how to “hang things” problems, especially on a budget 👍!!

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Great job @Nkbarfield. The floating flexi cubes look fantastic.  

DLMOORE
Just Starting Out

Hi NKbarfield nice job on the floating cube

i am wondering what brackets you used to secure and was it too brick please, thats what i am wanting to achieve?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DLMOORE,

Welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased to have you join us and trust that you'll get loads of helpful advice and project inspiration from our wonderful members. 

Let me tag @Nkbarfield for you, as well as a couple of other really capable members in @ProjectPete and @Brad, who might also like to share some advice with you about hanging the storage cubes on a brick wall. 

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. And please let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the Workshop site.

Jason

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

I will have a think about that once the work day is done.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

I would use the keyhole method to hold them up.

Screw heads stick out from the wall that fit in a hole and slot on what you are hanging, there are plates that screw over a hole or it can be routed into the back.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects