Unfortunately for this project I ran out of treated Pine timber so I had to buy new. Fortunately, everything else is recycled. Let me take you through it.
We previously had six Australorp chickens which we found out are major poo producers. We used to let them out and they got into everything, so we decided to downsize a little and with three or four Leghorns.
After some research, we found the optimal size for four chooks. I drew up a design which I was happy with and got to work. This is basic construction with glue and nails. (Yeah, I know the shed needs a bit of a tidy up).
I decided that a tray under the roosting rails would come in handy when cleaning. This used to be a drip tray from an old supermarket freezer. I think the handle is from an old outdoor gas heater.
I made up a PVC chimney to allow heat buildup to escape. The shed is insulated as well. The lid is also on hinges for easy cleaning.