We have finished the studio bathroom and are so stoked with the result.
It took us a couple of weeks working on weekends; not too long really. The preparatory work of the floor and walls to get them ready for waterproofing and tiling is what took the longest. Once that was done it was pretty quick.
This was our first tiling job, so we learnt a lot very quickly. My number one tip would absolutely be to try and clean up as much as possible as you go. Wiping off excess glue and grout will make your life so much easier later down the track when you're finishing up.
We built this on a pretty tight budget of $1540, so I'll try and break down the costs as much as possible for you: