Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to store garden tools in the garage?

Ngnra
Cultivating a Following

How to store garden tools in the garage?

I need service help to install garden tools store in my garage.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: garden tools store in the garage

Hello @Ngnra

Thank you for sharing your question about garden tool storage. Would it be possible for you to post a picture of your garage space? We can then assess the amount of space you have. We'll then be able to make recommendations on how you can store your garden tools.

I suggest having a look at this featured project - D.I.Y. shed workbench makeover by @Remarka6le. There are some very good ideas on how to organize your garden tools even if you have minimal space. I recommend making a plan on pen and paper and deciding where you can place a work table to hang and organize your garden tools.

Here are some handy links to give you ideas and inspiration:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ngnra
Cultivating a Following

0A9C0185-0AB4-4454-9E02-8CDE2D66DB91.jpeg323AE6FA-49C3-4FE8-91C1-A2F409B5522C.jpeg0E8CE353-3F76-4B80-B7BB-3E9B2A208C24.jpeg3759A18D-076C-474C-A738-1233EE664ED1.jpeg

Ngnra
Cultivating a Following

My garage photo’s shown below as requested.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

I was in Bunnings the other day.

Saw these shelves - 2 metres in height maybe - highly polished chrome - basically wire/rod construction.

Kit form with adjustable shelves - locked in place with a rubber/plastic sleeve.

Best part was they were on wheels. I love wheels!

Looked good to me - especially for a garage where you can move them around.

But I have no idea what their code/name was or the price. Sorry.

Eric?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Ngnra

Thank you for posting those photos of your garage. This is the perfect candidate for rack shelving, I suggest using Rack-It Shelving systems. You can build your own and customize its height and the number of shelves you need for your garden tools. It is easy to modify and you can swap between wire shelving and timber shelving. The shelving system @Noyade was referring to is called the Pinnacle 1800 x 900 x 450mm 5 Shelf Chrome Wire Storage Unit. The shelves are adjustable in height and can carry 75kg per shelf.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi Eric.

The one I saw had wheels. Possibly Bunnings staff added these - and were using it as a mobile storage system?

Apologies.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It could have potentially been the Mongomery Chrome 6 Tier Wire Shelving Unit With Wheels @Noyade.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects