Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New studio shed project

TheSaltyreefer
Becoming a Leader

New studio shed project

6x9 Studio is on the way, electrical work nearly done all power lines laid, Air Con lines in, will start to box it out soon, amd then sheet it, going with ply as there will be alot of pegboard and shelves etc in there when we finish,

getting excited

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg 

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Studio Shed coming along (UPDATED PICCIES)

I see someone in Adelaide wants a shed lined on Airtasker is that your project @khann06 ?

MrDruitt
Finding My Feet

Re: New studio shed project

@TheSaltyreefer 

Mate, this looks wonderful. What sort of budget you had in mind and then how much it turned out to be. Really inspiring. Did you do concrete base youself ? Can you please provide a itemized breakdown. I am thinking of building one... any additional info would be really appreciated.

Re: Studio Shed coming along

Hi there

I am using this project as inspiration for lining my shed , its great thanks for sharing. Can you please advise how you dealt with attaching the ply to the wall area where the shed has cross bracing. Do you have any photos of the framing that you installed and screwed the ply onto . Thank You :smile:

Re: Studio Shed coming along (UPDATED PICCIES)

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Cee. It's wonderful to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Let me mention @TheSaltyreefer so he is alerted to your question and hopefully can then answer it for you.

We look forward to hearing more about your own project and would encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or would like to share it with us.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
wovenpaua
Cultivating a Following

I’m going to build an extra bedroom and sewing studio in my garage and would like to use either ply or custom wood with negative detail instead of plaster board. I look forward to seeing your progress. Great job.  
Edit: Just seen your updates with photos @TheSaltyreefer looks amazing, would love to see it once it’s painted (I assume you are painting it, as you mentioned paint). 

haveago
Getting Established

Looks great but it's also woken me up to the plans of using part of a new shed to temp live in while house is being built. The shed builders are currently doing up the plans. Not sure it'll be big enough to survive without tripping over myself. Mine is planned as a 6x10. Now i know I'll have to go gentle on what they plan.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @haveago. It's amazing that you've joined us, and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

Having a new home on the horizon must be an exhilarating time for you, and I look forward to hearing all about your build. Living out of a shed is certainly a bold move, but I wish you the best of luck with it. 

Keep us updated on the build, and please feel free to let us know anytime you might need advice or have something to share. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration which you can include in your build within the community as our fabulous members contribute their project here every day.

Mitchell

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @TheSaltyreefer,

Thanks for sharing this incredible project with us. It's been really popular with almost 16,000 views.

Everyone loves a good before and after, and it doesn't look like we saw the end result for this project – although it's been wonderful to catch up on your video updates. If you're able to, it would be fantastic to see a picture of the final space.

Stevie

62420372_2287982168127427_4308491851662360576_n.jpg62507588_2287982038127440_3721773605059559424_n.jpg62538363_2287982141460763_820104046458175488_n.jpg64221774_2287982474794063_3447962353243521024_n.jpg64354868_2287982534794057_5527231526762184704_n.jpg64491008_2287982504794060_8606400899612409856_n.jpg

Fantastic @TheSaltyreefer. Thanks so much for sharing.

Stevie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects