Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Welding Table

KraftyAnarchy
Growing in Experience

Welding Table

Hey there,

Just wanting some tips. I looking for a welding table, cant seem to buy one new so am looking to build one...however I keep coming across these stainless work benches...does anyone know if these are any good for a welding table? i.e. will stainless conduct the current for welding? Ive tried googling this but no answer.

Cheers

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Welding Table

Hello Krafty.

I bought a small welding table from Bunnings a few years back - but haven't seen them since. Mitchell might know more.

Most of the time I use flat concrete as a base or even a wooden workbench provided the area to be welded is hanging over the edge. Sometimes a vice suffices.

I would be interested to see what you come up with.

Most definitely stainless steel will conduct and you can weld it.

Sal66
Just Starting Out

Hare and Forbes  machinery house in Parramatta NSW sell welding tables and lots of metal working equipment and they have a website  😊

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @KraftyAnarchy,

It's great to see you've already received some helpful replies. If there was a particular table that you had in mind, I trust our members could let you know their thoughts on it.

You might have already seen it, but I thought I'd link a recent welding table project by @Meling. I really like the simple design that looks like it would be quite effective.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects