Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is this irrigation tool?

Wozza
Finding My Feet

What is this irrigation tool?

Does anyone know what this tool is?

received_3413911015601748.jpeg

20230215_183142.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Irrigation tool?

Hello @Wozza 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your irrigation tool.

It seems to be a specialized tool that requires it to ram the plastic sleeve into the irrigation pipe to increase its size. However, just to be sure let me do a bit of an investigation for you. Once I have more information, I'll post it here as soon as I can.

Let me call on our experienced members @Adam_W, @TedBear and @JoeAzza to see if they can identify this tool.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Wozza
Finding My Feet

My gardener just got back to me and said it was a handle from his drill !!!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Haha, all good @Wozza. We love a good mystery here on Workshop. Glad to see you cracked the case. 

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand. We'd love to also read about any projects you are tackling. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

A very long handle.

Get back to him @Wozza - is it to resist large torque on a drill using an earth drilling auger blade?   😁

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

I like your thinking Eric. The shadow in the first picture made it look like two prongs tapering into a long plastic tapered sleeve. I could imagine such a tool if it existed being useful for expanding irrigation tube to assist inserting various end pieces. The tapered sleeve would need to be two parts joined at the bottom to allow it to expand as the two rods were pushed into it.  It's a pity that such an implement doesn't exist... or does it?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects