Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Do you have a tiny cupboard above your fridge? What do you keep in it?

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Do you have a tiny cupboard above your fridge? What do you keep in it?

Hi everyone 

I was thinking about kitchen storage space after seeing @JoeAzza's discussion about reclaiming the space around a rangehood duct and @EdwardW's solution for spice storage. Like Joe, I also tuck my herbs and spices around the duct for the rangehood.

It got me curious about what people keep in the tiny cupboard above their fridges and thought a little show and tell might make for a fun Friday discussion. 

PXL_20210204_062816853.jpg

We keep the instruction manuals for the kitchen appliances, storage containers, less used baking equipment and our bulk supply of olive oil. In my childhood kitchen, it was where all the vases and jugs lived.

I know there are a whole host of creative thinkers in the Bunnings Workshop community and I can't wait to see how you use this space in your homes.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
EdwardW
Having an Impact

Re: Do you have a tiny cupboard above your fridge? What do you keep in it?

Nice one @JaneK !!!

Some plates and big bowls in my case...  you know, those you pull out once in a blue moon! :laugh: 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I don't have a cupboard above my fridge @JaneK, just an empty wasted space currently occupied by abandoned cereal boxes. Great topic though, as this is a notoriously under-used space in just about every kitchen. 

I'm looking forward to what our creative members have used this space for as I trust they have some spectacular ideas of how it can be utilised.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

We can reach the bottom shelf of our cupboards above the fridge but not the top without a chair or step ladder. So it contains rarely used items mostly for entertaining - like platters, bowls and jugs.

We had a big clear-out of all our cupboards in January. I'm enjoying that there's more space for everything. I recommend some Marie Kondo at your place! Although, it was hard finding local op shops to take some of our unwanted items that no longer "spark joy"! 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mathy
Becoming a Leader

I feel you’ve made excellent use of this awkward space :smile: Me, I’m a philistine - can’t stand overhead cupboards 😂 cheers Deb

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects