Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Mixing Colours and surfaces

DominiqueMauric
Finding My Feet

Mixing Colours and surfaces

We are about to begin a small reno on our townhouse and I wonder what peoples thoughts are on mixing tile and wood.

I want to have a large rectangular grey floor tile, off white kitchen benches (they're already in the house and don't need changing at this stage), and I would like to put a lovely warm timber benchtop for the whole kitchen. 

e8e8b5c1838517a2183920e16ba39cf3.jpg

floor.png

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Mixing Colours and surfaces

Sounds like a fantastic project @DominiqueMauric. I'm sure the Workshop community will be able to provide plenty of advice and tips along the way. I certainly love the warmth that timber provides and love large format grey tiles - we used something similar in a new bathroom recently

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the community. It's great to have you onboard. I'm looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Those tiles look great. Personally I would choose timber floors as I prefer the look, they are a little warmer, and they are a little softer so easier on the legs and more chance of something bouncing if you drop it. But certainly no problem with mixing tile and wood. 

CathD
Making a Splash

Those photos look lovely, especially the timber benchtop. Looks like you have a great sense of style. Trust yourself!

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

I see no problem in mixing timber benchtops with a tiled floor. Many people are mixing timber benchtops with concrete floors at the moment.

gorgeous-kitchen-decorating-tips-guide6-1024x682.jpgnew-kitchen-open-shelving.jpgSienna_038_1.jpg

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Check out this use of mixed materials @DominiqueMauric. It looks amazing! 

Tiles.png

From https://www.instagram.com/p/BTXFKYJA9Oj/

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects