Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Advice needed for hanging up curtains in outdoor display

Juliapinkiepie
Building a Reputation

Advice needed for hanging up curtains in outdoor display

HELP NEEDED:

This is Mayfield is having a hosting a build a better community event and they need people building a better community event. They have asked people to ransform public carparking spaces into beautiful mini-oasis' of calm, pretty, social happiness and I have put my hand up as I feel that community spirit is really important.

I have decided to go with a roaring 20's theme. This luscious black and gold decor with pretty things look at. I want to create a sense of mystery and I am looking at having curtains that people have to open so they enter.

My question is how can I make it so it's free standing as I dont have anything to attach ropes too and no grass to use tent pegs. Could I use PVC or metal conduit

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a picture for reference purposes.

e2106a455b89be8825a321a9ef9a8355.jpg

CathD
Making a Splash

Re: Advice needed for hanging up curtains in outdoor display

Could you borrow a gazebo from someone? Some of them have aluminum frames that you could attach the curtains to. This one even has the look that you're after... http://www.bunnings.com.au/mimosa-3-x-4m-semi-permanent-cairo-gazebo_p3191235

Is this a one time use, or for future events as well? As @CathD said, you could borrow one, or hire if only one use. Have a look at http://search.bcf.com.au/search?w=gazebo. These also come with walls and flyscreens, and they also come in a range of colours and sizes. It would be fairly easy to set up curtin rods/rails along the support structure.

Personally, I would be hanging out in the plumbers' section for pipes and elbow joints as shown in the picture. For stability you could have the pipes joined on the bottom as well as the top if you wanted to. May be a cheaper option than a gazebo.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

How did it go @Juliapinkiepie?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects