Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. outdoor timber table

Yorky88
Becoming a Leader

D.I.Y. outdoor timber table

Dinning table

Re: D.I.Y. outdoor timber table

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @annieerbs.

Let me tag @Yorky88 so he is alerted to your question but I don't believe he has plans for the table as he "just knocked it up in a couple of hours". 

Let me see if the clever @MitchellMc can create some for you when he is back on the site on Friday. Mitch created some renders so members could more easily replicate another of Marty's picnic table projects

Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a project or have something to share. As you can see, we have many creative and inspiring members sharing helpful advice and amazing projects on the site every day.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: D.I.Y. outdoor timber table

Hi @annieerbs,

I've put together some images of how I believe @Yorky88 would have assembled this table and chairs. Hopefully, this gives you a better idea of how you could assemble them yourself.

Start by constructing a frame from 90 x 35mm H3 MGP 10 Treated Pine Outdoor Timber Framing the same size you want the tabletop to be. Buildex 10-8 x 65mm Climacoat® 3 Countersunk Rib Head Treated Pine Screws would be suitable for joining these and other joints on this project. Include a cross-brace in the middle.

Once you have joined the corners of the frame and the central support, you can attach the legs, which are 90 x 90mm posts. These Good Times 900 x 90 x 90mm Treated Pine Modular Decking Feature Post look like they would be suitable, or you can cut your own from H3 treated posts. You can screw through the frame and into these posts with the screws mentioned above or, for added support, the Buildex 14-10 x 100mm Climacoat Bugle Head Batten Timber Screws.

Next, flip the frame over and cut down pieces of Treated Pine Outdoor Timber Framing 140 x 45mm to suit the length of your frame. Screw these to the frame with Buildex 10-8 x 65mm Climacoat® 3 Countersunk Rib Head Treated Pine Screws.

For the seats, cut four pieces of 90 x 35mm H3 MGP 10 Treated Pine Outdoor Timber Framing to the width you want your seats. Since you are using 140mm wide planks, 280mm would be suitable. Cut four pieces of H3 treated post to the height at which you would like your bench to sit. Join all the pieces with Buildex 10-8 x 65mm Climacoat® 3 Countersunk Rib Head Treated Pine Screws.

Cut a cross member to span between the two seat ends the length at which you require the bench. Screw it in position with the Buildex 10-8 x 65mm Climacoat® 3 Countersunk Rib Head Treated Pine Screws.

Cut down two pieces of Treated Pine Outdoor Timber Framing 140 x 45mm to suit the length of your bench. Screw them in position with Buildex 10-8 x 65mm Climacoat® 3 Countersunk Rib Head Treated Pine Screws.

That should cover the basic construction of this table setting. All timber used is H3 treated and suitable for exterior use.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects