Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hide an ugly wall mount water gas heater

Kcmb
Just Starting Out

How to hide an ugly wall mount water gas heater

Rheem.jpg

Hi

Any suggestions on how to hide a Rinnai wall mount water gas heater?

Unfortunately it is situated on the wall of the house right in front of our outdoor dinning area which is under a pagola. 

Also safety first of course...I believe they  need some sort of ventilation unlike traditional water heaters where you could build a box around it.

I'm stuck for ideas

Thanks 

jillofskills
Getting Established

Re: How to hide an ugly wall mount water gas heater

Spray paint it black?? Or fire engine red. You could also place a “backless bookshelf” around it, like a cheap ikea “billy shelf” (I took the back off of mine so I could use it as an open cabinet for easy reach plates and pots and pans etc” and adjust the shelves to the water heater so it’s kinda camouflaged”. Ie below. Except instead of my microwave, the water heater, and instead of kitchen stuff, plants, pictures organisation trays etc. 

Also, a little handy hack, for more “storage” I pull my shelves forward 5-10cm and store things behind them (ie large canvases, long brooms and all the really ugly stuff that doesn’t “fit”. ...,(go fire engine red). 

F3BDC042-CD73-4478-A864-AED7642CD8D1.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects