Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

John Deere tractor playground for kids

Experienced Contributor

John Deere tractor playground for kids

15941088_706357919536110_1999063533085636865_n.jpg
Senior Contributor

Re: John Deere tractor playground for kids

Wow! some very spoilt kids.

New Contributor

Any ideas on where to find plans for this?!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DrgnRose,

Thanks for joining in the discussion and a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us. 

@Joker might correct me, but I don't think this was his project. But if you want to build something similiar, I'm sure some of our Workshop members would be happy to help. We have lots of keen woodworkers in the community, including members who have created their own cubby houses. I will tag some helpful members for you, including @woodalwaysworks@LePallet and @ProjectPete

Let us know your requirements and we'll be happy to help. 

Thanks again,

Jason 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Super Contributor

I wonders who likes John Deer ? The kids or dad!

Great work

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the tag @Jason

@DrgnRose I'd be more than happy to help out if you like the look of the cubby I whipped up for my girls :smile: https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor/Kids-cubby-house/m-p/10083#M1418 It's quite simple but it's the style they asked for. Already planning a more activity based one for the new house especially considering they'll be 6 by the time I build that one.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @homeprojectco
New Contributor

@ProjectPete The cubby playhouse is amazing! The biggest challenge to tackling this JD project is figuring out the dimensions of the tractor. If I had the dimensions of the roof and side of the cab the rest would follow fairly easily. I’m trying to help out my dad as he’s a fantastic builder and is wanting to build this for the grandkids (my kids included!). 

Valued Contributor

I had a quick poke around for plans on the net @DrgnRose and couldn't see anything. I did see a similar request in other forum, and this as a reply:

As I recall, the proper height for the top of those plastic slides is about 5 feet. Assuming the crawl-through opening in the front to be about 2 feet, you could measure proportions from the photo, and using the slide height and opening as reference points, multiply the proportions to get approximate dimensions.

Not a bad idea. Find a slide you'd like to use and work backwards from there. Let us know how you go.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects