Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Magnetic door stop recommendation wanted

carpedion
Cultivating a Following

Magnetic door stop recommendation wanted

I am looking for a magnetic doorstop where I can drill one part into the door, and the other part into the brick. However I can't find one at bunnings that allows me to drill into two surfaces. It has to be magnetic to keep the door open, and it can't attach to the ground because the door clearance is too high and it'd interfere with the laundry access on the left. Can someone recommend a solution?

IMG_5484.jpg

Re: Magnetic Door Stop advice.

Another option, if looks aren't overly important...  you could mount a long, stayed right angle bracket sideways on the wall at the top, hinge side of the door, such that the door will hit against it when opened. You would then mount a strip of timber to it, to easily attach a magnetic catch or two to that bracket and the door. This should provide holding power that is far enough out from the hinge for the magnets to be able to be able to overcome the leverage and hold it.

Example: https://www.bunnings.com.au/carinya-250-x-200-x-25-x-3-5mm-white-stayed-straight-bracket-single_p276...?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects